Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding in Lahore, Pakistan
What Is Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding?
Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding, abbreviated as LAGB, is considered one of the most advanced and least invasive operational techniques for getting rid of extra body weight and obesity. This technique primarily makes use of an inflatable gastric band placed in the upper portion of the patient’s stomach, intended to decrease food consumption and lose excessive weight without permanently altering your digestive tract. That band however is generally customized according to your hunger and stomach levels, ultimately making this particular technique a successful bariatric surgical procedure.
How Do Doctors Conduct Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding in Lahore, Pakistan?
The famous LAGB technique is usually handled by the top doctors in Pakistan like those serving at the Cosmetique clinic. It is generally done with some tiny abdominal fine cuts, that are later used to enter small a laparoscope and some other small surgical instruments. A laparoscope is a specialized tool for surgery with a fine camera at one end for a clear view of the inside. While, the surgeon uses some other operational tools in order to place a band around the stomach’s top portions, leaving behind a little stomach pouch available to hold whatever the person consumes. The small area of that pouch usually gives the sensation of fullness to the patient even after eating a small amount of food. That in turn significantly helps in losing weight and getting rid of extra belly fat.
Gastric Ballooning in Lahore, Pakistan
However, as the name Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding suggests, this particular procedure can be utilized by reversing and adjusting its technique. The cosmetic or plastic surgeons of Cosmetique clinic can somehow control the opening size of the cut with a circular balloon attached to the inside band. That balloon can either be deflated or inflated with some saline solution according to the patient’s needs. If the Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding in Lahore, Pakistan is done in such a way with the help of balloons, then this procedure is also sometimes called stomach or gastric ballooning in Pakistan.
Adjustments After Having Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding in Lahore, Pakistan
A patient usually requires some follow-up visits in order to adjust the size of the gastric band, placed in his stomach, for changing health goals and body comfort. The reliable surgeons of Cosmetique clinic usually help patients in this regard by determining whether they need an adjustment or not. However, some of the prime reasons because of why some people need follow-up adjustments to include the following:
- No or very less weight loss
- Difficulty in swallowing food
- Constant heartburn
- Frequent night coughs
- Regurgitation, and many more.
Results After Gastric Band Surgery
After having Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding in Lahore, Pakistan, you will feel your stomach filled sooner. The band usually slows down the overall digestive process of an individual, ultimately limiting the food’s passage throughout the esophagus, stomach, and even from the small and large intestine. And, because our stomach region is already so small and definite, after having a band placed on your stomach you will precisely feel that even small amounts of food items or fluids will be enough to satisfy your appetite.
Pros and Cons of Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding in Lahore, Pakistan
- This procedure significantly reduces the capacity of the stomach to hold consumed eatables and fluids.
- Induces a rapid weight loss of almost 40-50% in an individuals
- Does not involve are significant cutting of the stomach
- There is no need for rerouting of small and large intestines in this technique
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding in Lahore, Pakistan generally requires a short hospital stay, which may even be less than 24 hours
- A person may have some center discharging right after the surgery, it is usually looked after by the hospital staff
- Has the lowest possible risks of minerals and vitamins deficiency
- The lowest rate of possible complications
- The exceptional beauty of this treatment is that it is adjustable and reversible according to the patient’s bodily needs.
- Last but not the least, Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding in Lahore, Pakistan is the cheapest compared to other developed world countries.
- Less and slower weight loss in the initial few days as compared to other weight-loss surgical procedures.
- A larger percentage of patients fail to lose even 50% of excess body weight that is easily left by other commonly performed surgeries.
- Somehow, a few patients may also suffer slight mechanical problems with either the tube, port, or band utilized in Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding in Lahore, Pakistan
- Usually required a foreign device that may cause some allergic reactions and stay in the body for some time
- There is always a risk of band erosion or band slippage into the stomach
- In case, the patient overeats something, it may even result in the dilation of the esophagus
- There are higher rates of re-operation with this technique over time
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding in Lahore, Pakistan usually required postoperative strict diet adherence and a few postoperative follow-up visits to the concerned doctor.
Both gastric ballooning and Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding in Lahore, Pakistan are specially designed to help a large number of people lose weight and get rid of extra belly fat in conjunction with some healthy modifications in lifestyle and diet. Typically, both are well adjustable during the lifetime of this device. Still, if you do not get satisfactory results or feel any other complications, then you should consult the concerned surgeon of Cosmetique clinic as soon as possible.